1994 Porsche 968 Sport – superb example, one of only 306 produced.
With only 306 ever made, and just 99 reported on the road, these highly desirable 968 Sports are becoming increasingly hard to find, not least of all because owners of good examples often don’t want to part with them.
Only offered in the UK between 1994 and 1995, all 306 examples of the 968 Sport were ordered by Porsche GB, and were Club Sport models with some additional ‘luxury’ items added back in, including electric window, boot release, sunroof & rear seats.
All genuine Sports are shown on the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity as a Club Sport with a ‘CS Lux Pack’.
Following the 928 & 944, the 968 was Porsche’s last transaxle hurrah and considered by many to be their best. With a 3 litre in-line-four engine, rear wheel drive and a superb 6-speed gearbox it produces an immersive, balanced & exciting driving experience.
We think this must be one of the best 968 Sports available:
Finished in rare Polar Silver with black trim its in excellent & original condition throughout.
• Included with the car are the original manuals and handbooks, book pack, two service books showing 24 stamps to date, and an extensive file of paperwork including MOTs and invoices from 1998 onwards. The original Blaupunkt Hamburg stereo manuals and key cards are also present, original sales brochure, price list, dealer directory and paint colour catalogue are also included, along with spare keys.
This particular car was supplied with the following specification:
• C16: UK market car
• 273: Heated, electrically adjustable door mirrors
• 346: Silver wheels
• 381/382: Manual seats, no height adjustment
• 418: Side protection mouldings
• 451: Reduced radio preparation
• 455: Wheel locks
• 498: Without model designation on rear end
• 534: Alarm
• 567: Top-tinted windscreen
• 650: Detachable roof panel, electrically operable
• 651: Electric windows
• 685: Rear seats
The only known modifications are an upgraded Janspeed exhaust system, a Quaiffe Limited Slip Differential and a professional suspension setup by Suspension Secrets, giving this example even better handling than an already brilliant 968 Sport.
Re-sprayed to a very high standard during 2018, and still in outstanding condition, including no evidence of rust behind the side skirts.
• The wheels are in great condition, the headlights both go up-and-down in-sync & the cabin presents wonderfully with no significant wear or damage, with the dashboard, centre console and headlining all in excellent condition.
• The electric sunroof works well, and the storage bag for the panel is present.
• There are no known electrical faults, and no warning lights present on the dashboard.
• The latest service took place at 109,200 miles by Porsche Centre Tonbridge including a full vehicle health check, oil and filter change, brake fluid change, and the fitment of a new power steering pump, drive belt and passenger window glass.
• Prior to this, the car was serviced in November 2017 by Peaslake garage of Surrey, which saw an oil and filter change carried out, along with the replacement of the water pump and the fitting of a new head gasket and all timing, drive and auxiliary belts.
• In June 2016, the car was serviced by Porsche Centre Cambridge at 107,478 miles, including an oil and filter change, air filter change, replacement fuel filter, new spark plugs and a brake fluid flush.
• In addition to routine servicing, a full set of Porsche N3-rated Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres were fitted in September 2020 at 109,147 miles. New Porsche genuine rubber seals have been fitted to the side skirt assemblies, and upgraded headlamp bulbs have been fitted.
New MOT will be carried out before sale.
More photos to follow……